Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Modern Day Sexual Rebel without being a Rebel

 Something i wrote & im not Jerry McGuire. I just threw a match on the ground. Someone else settup the fire... So, here goes:


During my life  I've had conversations with a wide variety of people expressing my choice to wait awhile before having sex with a woman. I've received numerous responses throughout my life some which have included "No, way that's just a line or Cmon,  your lying" or a guy that thinks like that is usually gay, or the kinder but still shocking response of: Wow, thats different, no its not a bad thing, its good, its just different. I say shocking because its pathetic that society reacts this way. Now, im not saying that's the way everyone thinks.. I'm not saying thats the way it is.. Im saying that is what i've personally experienced for the greater portion of my life.. Then, one day, i happened to run across someone (will not mention names) who is hated. A person who is considered a Religious Extremist who preaches hate. . A person who I have almost nothing in common with, through the eyes of those who know me. So, That person responds..... "So, What's the big deal, There are many guys out there who are like that." For the first time, i was overcome with a new feeling that i have never experienced before... Relief... Relief & Confusion.. How can someone who is considered so close minded by many, be so open minded in this particular area... Relief... Normally, when i had a similar discussion with others, i was always looked upon as if my choice was foreign ... This is the first time i received a reaction from someone who Showed me that it wasn't a big deal at all. . I guess sometimes, what you've been waiting for  your whole life, comes from the most unexpected source. It makes me feel reborn in a sense because what i believed was nonexistent, truly does still exist.  It restored faith which lead to a rearrangement of my feelings, leading back to where i started, when it comes to this issue.   

No comments:

Post a Comment