Sunday, January 30, 2011

The sky is blue... the sky is blue... the sky is an array of colors

Here is my perspective on conversation related to stereotypes. We already know what they are. We've heard them over and over again. So, what is the point of talking about what we already know constantly. It really doesn't accomplish anything, nor is it entertaining so why do people do it? Take a walk with me through the City of Life and lets explore. I get out of my car & begin walking down the street. I pass by a coffee shop where people are having a conversation about how Most Women think a certain way about a particular issue vs how most men think about an issue. So, i walk across the street and overhear another conversation. This one is about how most people in their 20's are interested in certain activities & when they reach their 40's they'll end up losing interest in those activities because they will change as they age. I pass them by and walk a few blocks further & grab a bite to eat. At this restaurant I stumble upon another group of people. They talk about the differences between the majority of newleywed couples & how their mentallities differ from a couple who has been married for 30 years. I finally make my way to the park where I sit down so I can enjoy my lunch. A group of people sitting near me are having a discussion as well. Their topic is sports & how the majority of athletes in that particular sport begin to lose their edge at age 35. All day as I travel through the city I hear the same song and dance that I've heard a million times before. So I turn to the group & I bring up the fact that there are exceptions. They look at me, laugh a little bit & say; "yeah, but those exceptions are very rare so why bother talking about them" I respond, well "why bother talking about what we already know over and over again" It's like if I said, "the sky is blue" and then 10 minutes later i repeated myself and said "the sky is blue" and i kept saying it over and over again. Eventually someone would tell me to shut the f**k up. We already know the sky is blue so why the f**k do you keep saying it..... Would that make any sense? think about it. Plus, sometimes the sky is grey, other times it's black, sometimes it's a combination of many colors... talk about that instead because at least its more interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment