Wednesday, January 19, 2011

I just don't get it. Do you?

I cannot understand the whole paparazzi scene one bit because the whole thing still seems to confuse me a great deal. Where should I begin. Well for starters there have been a few situations in which ive seen paparazzis film that should be illegal. I have spoken to people who have said that it is perfectly legal to shoot pictures of celebrities at any time and any place. So, what I will do is give you a hypothetical scenario & you be the judge. Lets say I decide to go out to downtown Hartford on a Saturday night for example. For all those who are familiar, please for a moment, try and picture this situation. . Obviously the story I’m about to tell is fictional & I would never do the following but just imagine If I did……. Let’s say I am in downtown Hartford with my camera on a very busy Saturday evening. As people begin exiting the bars & clubs I pick a couple women out of the crowd and begin to follow them as they are walking down the street. Are you imagining this situation? Okay, so I’ll proceed… Now, lets pretend as they’re walking , I start snapping photos of them & begin to get closer so that I am right in front of their face. As they walk, I am in front of them walking backwards snapping away with my camera. they start to become agitated and tell me to leave them alone. Instead of listening I continue to follow them and snap pictures. Now a few blocks away next to a club called “on the rocks”, there are also quite a few police cars with police officers standing in front of their vehicles patrolling the area as they normally do. I ignore them, similar to what a paparazzi in LA does and I continue to follow the women closely constantly snapping pictures in their face. Now, they begin to shout at me and tell me to get the f**k out of their face but I continue snapping photos. As we approach the intersection where all the police officers are stationed, I continue on my mission to photograph the two women. Now picture those police officers just standing there doing nothing about the situation. Picture those officers telling the two women who are complaining about me that there is nothing they can do about it. Then picture the two women walking past those officers and me continuing to photograph them as they walk to their car. For those who know the area and have read this, ask yourself. Would I have gotten away with something like that? Again, I would never do such a thing but im just trying to paint a picture here. Just the thought of something like this being allowed is completely ridiculous….. So, if this situation that I described is so ridiculous then why is it that the paparazzis in Los Angeles get away with shit like this all the time & it is viewed as normal behavior? Is society suggesting that this type of action is acceptable as long as the individual being harassed is a celebrity? Is it okay in certain locations but not in other locations? Why aren’t more of these situations questioned? I just don't get it. Do you?

No comments:

Post a Comment